About the Delegation for Gender Equality in Working Life
The mission of the Delegation is threefold:
– Compile and spread knowledge about the different conditions and opportunities of women and men in working life, as well as various causes for the existing differences,
– Stimulate debate about how to promote gender equality in working life, and
– Propose ways to promote gender equality in working life and reduce the pay gap between women and men.
The Swedish model concerning wage formation (meaning negotiating social partners with, in principle, no interference from the state or regulation by law) provide the point of departure for the work and proposals of the Delegation. Furthermore, the Delegation shall pay attention to questions regarding lifetime income and how individual choices at one point in life can have consequences later in life.
The Delegation shall, in particular:
– Analyse how the government and the social partners can promote gender equality within the framework of the Swedish labour market model,
– Collect and analyse best practices, both national and international,
– Pay special attention to, and leave proposals on, how women’s labour force participation may increase, and finally
– Propose ways of promoting gender equality in working life and reduce the pay gap between women and men.